Sunday, November 25, 2018

Ode to a Cat



Ode to Gracie
Gracie she is and Gracie she'll be,
kitten and princess and muffin to me.
She's fluffy and puffy, chubby and cute 
with gigantic eyes and funny to boot.
She squeaks when I touch her and makes little sounds,
she startles easily and hiding abounds.
She'll test out my vitals by checking my breath
to see, when I'm sleeping, if I've passed to death.
Once certain I'm living, she'll stretch out a paw
and scratch on my hand with one tiny claw.
"Come feed me" she'll say in her own kitten way
"Wake up from your sleep, I'm hungry, obey!"
The thing about Gracie, she'll pester and nudge,
then politely bow out when she sees I won't budge.
I couldn't ask for more
she doesn't scratch, hiss or bite,
she's a sweet little kitty all cuteness, no fight.
She might not enthrall with her antics so small,
or make you laugh 'cause she won't chase a ball,
but if you fall back and give her a chance
and not expect any big kitty dance,
you'll see that her ways of being and meowel
are O so funny, that you'll fluff up a towel
and ready a bed in the midst of your heart,
so she can curl up, forever to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment